Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year 2010!

There have been better years for me, I must say, than 2009. So I say good riddance to this one and hope that 2010 will be better not just for me but for us all. I know about so many people who had bad luck in 2009 and that not just because of the effects of the so called financial crisis. As some of you may know, I had to close down my business as a freelancer in the IT-sector in June of 2009 and afterwards got awfully sick. Currently I am suffering from a big depression which renders me unable to work. Currently I am living of unemployment benefit because of that and try hard to get on my feet again. But as I said, I know about not just a few people who also are hoping that 2010 things will work out better for them.

But while being one of the worst years so far in my life regarding to financial stuff and healt, 2009 was also a very creative years for me. In fact I released 25 songs this year. Not as much as in the most fruitfull 2004 and 2005 when I released 36/34 songs , but the highest number of songs since then. This may be due to the fact that I had more time on my hands to make music. Here's what my database says about my productivity over the first 5 years of the alionsonny project:

Year Songs Videos
2004 36 0
2005 34 0
2006 15 0
2007 14 5
2008 12 4
2009 25 4
--------------------
ALL: 126 14

I hope that 2010 may be even more creative and fruitfull than this year and all before. Happy New Year and all the best to you out there for 2010!

1 comment:

  1. hello Jurgen, my name is rodrigo im 29 and from Mexico City. I just stumbled upon you and your creation a few minutes ago while downloading one of FM4 soundpark's podcast. from there i googled your name and read your best wishes for 2010, and you know what? i was deeply touched with your situation because myself believe it or not know what your talking about. im also trying to make a carrer in IT, but lost my job this year too. and going trough some big depressive shit hole due to a break up with my girlfriend. All i can hope is for both of us and all the world is to try to find and approch that spiritual world wich seems to be beyond our grasp but in reality is closer that we can imagine. The Days of Our years is so full of those energies and good will it just moved me to the marrow like i said, i was so identified with it, im not embarrased to confesed that i even shed some tears, thanks for your inspiration and talent. i would like to be following your steps from now on, so please keep me up to date if maybe you have a myspace or facebook account (redrogae@gmail.com)

    your friend from the Americas Rod.

    ReplyDelete